How To Donate Your Car In Phoenix
Giving away items that you no longer need is a thoughtful thing to do, and knowing how to donate your car in Phoenix will provide a charity with money that they need to continue their nonprofit work. In addition to helping out the charity of your choice, you may also receive a charitable deduction on your taxes.
- Decide which Phoenix charity you want to donate your car to. There are a variety of charities that accept car donations even if the car is not in running condition. If you do not have a specific charity in mind, check the Internet or Yellow Pages for a listing in your area.
- Contact a charity car donation center. There are two reputable car donation centers that have been working with non-profit charities for many years. The Action Donation Services and the America’s Car Donation Center have experience in working with the public on behalf of many charities. Each donation service will process your transaction from beginning to end when you donate your car, including the Phoenix DMV and IRS documentation requirements.
- Fill out the car donation paperwork. You will need to fill out forms if you wish to donate your car in Phoenix. The donation centers provide paper forms or you may use their online forms to provide information about you and the car. A few of the questions include the condition of the car, the year, make, model, vehicle identification number, license plate number, and the location of the car.
- Provide the car keys and car title. The donation center will arrange to have the vehicle removed when you donate your car. Most people are contacted by the towing company within three days. The professional, licensed and insured towing company will need the keys and the car title at the time of pickup.
- Keep your car donation paperwork. You will most likely receive a tax benefit if you donate your car in Phoenix. Your tax accountant will be able to explain any advantages that your donation may provide to your current tax situation.