Knowing how to download Little Big Planet levels can give you new challenges to conquer and new vistas to explore. Currently, there are over one million user-generated levels available for the PS3 version of Little Big Planet, and that amount continues to grow. The guide will give you the basics of navigating the community menus so that you can find and download the best Little Big Planet levels.
- Connect PS3 to Internet. Connect an ethernet cable to the rear of the PS3 and then test your connection by navigating to “Network Settings” in “Settings” tab. Alternatively, connect to a wireless network by inputting the correct information into the “Internet Connection Settings” option under the “Network Settings” tab. You will not be able to download levels or extra content for Little Big Planet without an Internet connection.
- Community menu. Load Little Big Planet and from the main menu navigate to the community planet. If you are connected to the Internet you will see the small planet already populated with random user-generated levels. From here you can use the left thumbstick to browse through the on-screen badges (levels), use the R1 and L1 buttons to refresh the screen with a new batch of levels, or use the face buttons to play or download a particular level. Please note that downloaded or user-generated levels are placed on your moon, which is located to the right of the community planet in the main menu. Once a level has been downloaded you can access it anytime from your moon.
- Search. The search option is located to the left of the community planet in the main menu. If there is a specific Little Big Planet level you are looking for, or if you are looking for a particular theme, then using the search option is the best way to go. From the menu you can search through text, tags, highest rated, newest, busiest and most hearted. This can make it much easier to find and download a level – especially if need one to play cooperatively with friends.
- Hard drive space. The average Little Big Planet level requires five megabytes of hard drive space, so make sure you have at least 100 megabytes of free space available. This will give you ample space to download and save up to 20 individual levels.
- Restrictions. Not all user-generated levels are available for download. The creator of the level must explicitly allow others to download or change their level(s). If they choose to not allow others to download their level then it will only be playable from the community menu.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.