How To Download From Safari
Knowing how to download from Safari is crucial if you want to take advantage of some of the great software available on the internet. You can get many great applications for your Mac from many websites, including Apple’s own support site. It may seem intimidating at first, but downloading from Safari is easy once you try it.
- Open Safari. You will need to have the Safari open to make any adjustments. You will want to set the target folder to download to as well.
- Click on the “Safari” label at the top left of your screen. This will open a menu of choices, and you will want to select “Preferences.”
- On the first page, or the “General” tab, you will adjust the download folder. The default is the “Downloads” folder, which is typically an icon on your dock. To change your download folder, simply click inside this menu option. Your files will download to whatever folder you specify.
- Click the red button “X” to close and save your changes. You will not have to restart Safari. The changes will be made automatically.
- Locate and click the program link you want to download. There will be a link for you to click to initiate downloading the file. Every file will download into the folder you pre-determined.
- Open the folder you choose for your downloads. You can move, copy or install any files listed there as you see fit.
Make sure that you always know where you are getting your downloads. Try to stay with reputable sites to avoid obtaining any unwanted or malicious software.