There are many reasons to want to know how to download Twitter onto your desktop. Twitter is one of the most popular and largest social networking sites, and many people use it for business and to keep in touch with friends and family. Having Twitter downloaded onto your computer can keep you constantly logged in, even when you don't have the website window open. This is convenient when you are working on the computer and don't want to be distracted with open internet windows.
To download Twitter, you will need:
- An internet connection
- A computer
- Visit Twhirl.org. In order to download Twitter onto your desktop, you will need a Twitter client. Twhirl is a great and trusted client to download Twitter from, and in addition to being able to access your Twitter account, you will be able to access Friendfeed and Seesmic accounts.
- Click the "Download" link on the top of the homepage screen. The good thing about using Twhirl to download Twitter is that it is compatible with both Windows and Mac. Twhirl can be downloaded on Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win7 and Mac OSX.
- Download Twhirl. On the download page, click the download link for Twhirl under "Get the Latest Twhirl Installation Package." If you have problems downloading the latest version of Twhirl, you can try one of the older versions.
- When prompted to either open, save or cancel, click on "Open." You will be asked this question twice; choose to open both times.
- Install the application. You will be asked if you are sure you want to install the program on your computer. Click the "Install" button.
- Choose your options. On the next page you will be able to choose whether or not you want to create a desktop icon for Twhirl and start running the program after it downloads. Choose the options you want or don't want and click "Continue," and the program should start installing.
- Use Twhirl to access Twitter. When the program is finished installing, open the Twhirl application on your computer. Enter your Twitter account screen name and password. Enjoy, you have downloaded Twitter onto your computer!
Make sure you have a Twitter account before trying to use Twhirl to access Twitter, because you won't be able to go on Twitter through Twhirl if you don't already have an account.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.