How To Download Xbox Games
One of the best ways to get more enjoyment out of your Xbox 360 console is to learn how to download Xbox games. If you’re confining yourself to the Xbox games you find in stores such as Game Stop, you’re only seeing a fraction of the titles available. Once you learn how to download Xbox games, you’ll also be equipped to download other fun features, such as add-on content, themes, trailers and other items.
As you learn how to download Xbox games, it is important for you to first understand how you will complete your purchases. Microsoft Xbox Live uses “points” as its currency for downloading Xbox games and other content. Microsoft Points are a "stored value system" that Xbox Live subscribers use to obtain and download digital content, according to the Microsoft Xbox Live web site. You can purchase as few as 400 points for $4.99 and as much as 6,000 points for $74.99. Points are available using a credit card online; you can also purchase “gift cards” from stores such as Target for use online. If you are using a Points Card, you will enter a redeem code. You’re well on the way to learning how to download Xbox games!
To download Xbox games, you'll need:
- Xbox360 console
- Personal computer with high-speed Internet connection, such as cable modem
- Network (Ethernet) cable
- Become a member of Xbox Live. Obtaining a membership is the key step in learning how to download Xbox games. Once you join you have a couple of initial choices: You can join for free, or you can purchase a Gold membership at a rate of either $9.99 a month or $59.99 for twelve months. Both the free membership and the Gold membership will allow you to download Xbox games and add-ons, but Gold members also get the chance to play online with friends.
- Next you have a series of clicks to make. Click on the “Games and Marketplace” tab; click on “Xbox games” and then click on “downloads."Now you are at the key steps in learning how to download Xbox games.
- Select your view. You can view available games by best-selling for today; best-selling for all-time; release date; title; and top rated. There is also a search box on the Xbox site in case you are looking for a specific title.
- Click on the game you are interested in. This will usually return a list of different types of content that are available under that particular title, such as a theme, a game add-on, a demo, as well as the full game. The full game is typically the link with the largest download file. You’re very close to learning how to download Xbox games.
- Click on the link to download the Xbox game that interests you. If you’ve done everything right, you should receive the following message: “Congratulations! This item as been purchased and added to your download queue."
One key piece of advice in learning how to download Xbox games: Your Xbox console must be powered on. You can be playing other games while the download takes place, but the console cannot be turned off. Once your download is complete, you will find the game on your Xbox dashboard! Boot it up and start playing!