Are you wondering how to download YouTube videos to your computer? YouTube has become the most popular site when it comes to finding videos of everything from trailers, to movie clips, to music videos, allowing people to share things that have happened to them or projects that they have done. There are several different ways in which you can save your YouTube favorite video to watch for another time.
To learn how to download YouTube videos to your computer, you will need:
- a computer
- a YouTube account
- an Internet connection (in order to connect and then download)
There are a few websites that will allow you to copy the URL of a YouTube video and then give you a link to the file in order to download it to your computer. Here's a brief tutorial.
- You must have a YouTube account in order to download videos to your computer. YouTube is a free service and is integrated with Google for those with accounts. If you do not have a YouTube account, sign up is easy and again, free.
- Log in to your YouTube account and then choose videos that you want to save. They can either be from your favorites or subscriptions that you are a member of.
- When you have found a video that you want to save to your computer, copy the link from the URL bar on your browser. You can also copy the link from under the video in the 'share video' area.
- Go to one of the YouTube link websites in order to get the file for your video. Some popular sites are KeepVid.com, YouTubex.com, and VideoSpyder.info. Paste the copied YouTube video link where specified.
- If done correctly, a new page will appear with the link to download the video. Click on it and save the download to your computer. NOTE: The video file will need to be saved with a .flv extension. This should be done automatically, but you can manually add the .flv extension before saving the file.
- After the video has been downloaded and saved, you can watch it on a video player that plays .flv files. VLC player is a popular video and music player that plays a host of different types of music and video files; if you don't already have VLC player or a player that will play .flv, you will need to download one. Most are free for download.
Knowing how to download YouTube videos to your computer will allow you to watch your favorites when you are either unable to connect to the Internet, want to watch on another device (such as a mobile phone or tablet), or when you just want to watch a video at a later date in time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…