How To Drain Coleman Hot Tubs
If you need to know how to drain a Coleman hot tubs, you've wandered over to the right spot. Coleman hot tubs are actually a bit more difficult to drain than the usual spa as Coleman, for some reason, put the drain port inside the access panel instead of on the outside of the tub as is usual. But, regardless of where the drain port is located on the Coleman hot tub, it's pretty easy to maintain the tub by draining it every three or four months.
To drain a Coleman hot tub, you will need:
- A long hose. The hose will carry the water from the Coleman hot tub to a drain site. For the most efficient draining of the spa, set the hose on a downward slope so that the water will flow freely. Run the hose to an unused part of your yard and away from the house, or you just might flood your own basement. Make sure that the hose is long enough to run the drained water to a suitable part of the yard. Do not run the drained water anywhere near the foundation of the house unless you prefer a wet basement.
- A shop vac to remove the water left after the hose has drained what it can.
- A large sponge to get the very last of the water from the spa.
- Find the Coleman spa control panel which is located on top of the hot tub. Right below the spa control panel will be an access panel.
- Open the access panel and locate the drain port which will be a 1" in diameter black port which has hose striations on it. Hook up your garden hose to the drain port.
- Run the other end of the garden hose away from your house. Since a large Coleman hot tub holds around 450 gallons, make sure that the location you've chosen for draining the old water can handle a large amount of water. You might need to relocate the draining end of the hose so that you don't flood one spot.
- Once you're ready to drain the spa, find the little drain lever which is located to the right of the drain port. Open the drain lever to start the hot tub draining.
- Locate and open the Coleman hot tub access panel. The panel should be right under the location of the hot tub controls. Inside the access panel should be a black one inch hose attachment which is your Coleman hot tub drain port.
- Once the water draining from the hose has dropped to a trickle, disconnect the hose from the hot tub and make sure to move the drain lever back to close the drain port. Using the shop vac, vacuum up any other remaining water.
Use the sponge to wipe down the inside of the tub and dry any remaining liquid.