To keep your car running smoothly, learn how to drain cooling system on 2001 Dodge Saturn. Draining your Dodge Saturn's cooling system is easy and beneficial. All you need is a little time and the job could be done. Follow these simple steps to begin to drain cooling system on 2001 Dodge Saturn.
- Unplug negative battery cable and place drip pan underneath the radiator plug. The radiator plug is located directly underneath the radiator. Center align the pan with the radiator plug. Also, unplugging the negative battery cable should be done each time you tamper with your Dodge's engine.
- Remove radiator cap and coolant reservoir cap. Unplugging the caps are important when draining your Dodge's cooling system. They would need to stay removed until new coolant is added. It is best to not bother replacing them before then.
- Remove radiator plug. You would need a screwdriver to remove the radiator plug from your 2001 Dodge Saturn. Once the plug is removed, then you should start to see coolant draining into the drip pan. Make sure all coolant is draining directly in the drip pan and not the ground.
- Add distilled water into the coolant reservoir jug. You would need to add distilled water to thoroughly drain all coolant into the drip pan. Do not use dirty water or chemically altered water. All water should drip into the drip pan as well.
- Replace radiator plug. Place radiator plug back on and screw it in. Make sure it is tight and not loose. A loose plug would allow coolant to leak. The result would then be an overheating engine, so make sure the plug is replaced securely.
- Replace coolant. Once all of the old coolant's content is drained out of the cooling system of your Dodge Saturn, then refill equal parts water and coolant. Add the new coolant in the radiator as well as the coolant reservoir tank.
- Replace radiator cap, coolant reservoir cap, and negative battery cable. Replacing the negative battery cable in your 2001 Dodge Saturn after changing the coolant should be the last thing you should do. Make sure that the radiator cap is fully tightened. If it is not tight, then it would not hold pressure and cause coolant to evaporate or leak out. All parts of the cooling system should be securely replaced.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream