How To Drain Dynasty Hot Tubs
If you need to know how to drain Dynasty hot tubs, you're in good company. Only people who select these luxurious hot tubs will need to know the specifics about draining a Dynasty hot tub. But, at least three times a year (even more frequently if your Dynasty gets heavier use), you're going to have to perform some water maintenance and that starts with draining your spa.
To drain a Dynasty hot tub spa, you will need to:
- Turn off the electricity to the hot tub. Locate and switch off the breakers which will probably be close by your hot tub. Make sure that the electricity is off by checking the hot tub control panel where no lights should be lit.
- Locate the drain port which should be to the bottom right of the control panel. Dynasty hot tubs are quite easy to drain as the drain port is on the outside bottom of the tub and not in the access panel. The drain port will be 1" around and black in color.
- If there is a cover on the drain port, remove the cover. Older Dynasty spas may have lost the cover so don't be alarmed if it's not there. You should, though get a replacement cover just to keep the drain port clear of debris.
- Hook a hose to the drain port and run the other end of the hose to a convenient spot for draining the excess water. Your Dynasty hot tub might hold over 300 gallons of water so make sure to run the hose away from the foundation of your house. The hose should also be on a downward grade to drain the hot tub successfully.
- Open the drain cock to start the draining. The drain cock is located to the right of the drain port and is a flat lever which you pull toward you to start the water flow. Once the water is drained from your Dynasty hot tub, make sure to push the drain cock back to close the drain port.