If you have a musician in your life, learn how to draw a saxophone so that you can give them a special gift or card. A saxophone is a relatively simple instrument to draw. If you can sketch a few circles and make a bubble letter, then you have what it takes to draw a saxophone.
To draw a saxophone, you will need:
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Colored pencils, crayons or markers to color in finished saxophone
- Draw the body of the saxophone with the pencil. Sketch a bubble letter "L" but give it a small tail at the top for the saxophone's mouthpiece and make the bottom part of the "L" point upwards about 45 degrees.
- Draw a circle on the base of the saxophone. Put the circle on top of the bottom part of the "L" shape, not near the mouthpiece.
- Draw another line next to the circle to outline it. The line will be about half an inch outside the circle. You will not be drawing another full circle but rather giving the first circle body.
- Draw a pair of lines near the bend in the "L" shape. The lines will form a band-shape that runs along the circumference of the saxophone.
- Draw a smaller circle inside the first circle to make the opening of the saxophone. The smaller circle should be about an inch or so less wide than first circle. Inside the small circle, draw a small quarter moon to give the saxophone opening a 3-D effect.
- Draw a series of circles up the neck of the saxophone. The circles represent the buttons of the saxophone.
- On the sax's mouthpiece, draw a small side pyramid. At the top of the row of circles, draw two more pairs of lines to create two more bands around the saxophone's neck.
- Trace over your pencil drawing with the black marker and erase any errant marks. Color in the saxophone any way you want with the crayons, markers or colored pencils.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
13 Medical Slang Terms That Are Equally Shocking and Hilario...
Gallows humor indeed.