Learning how to draw a skateboard deck is a fairly easy process. Drawing a skateboard deck can be a useful skill if you are looking to design a custom board. All you need is a few materials and the ability to sketch. The following tips will help you design and draw a skateboard deck.
To draw a skateboard deck, you will need:
- Colored pencils
- A regular pencil
- An eraser
- First, purchase all of the necessary materials. Any arts and crafts store will be able to help you out. Make sure you gather all the colors you will need.
- Trace the outline of the skateboard deck. This is fairly easy; it must be long, rectangular shaped and have rounded edges on the front and back corners. Use a ruler or straight edge to help you draw the straight sides if you have a wobbly drawing hand.
- Decide on which designs you want your skateboard deck to have. Outline these with the standard pencil on the hollow outline of the deck that you drew.
- Fill in the colors of the skateboard deck's graphics. Be sure that you have a high-quality eraser, as some do not work very well on colored pencil. Shade well to fill in the skateboard deck drawing with the appropriate colors. Use caution, and be sure not to color outside the lines of the graphic that you are drawing on the deck.
- Once finished, you may do with the drawing of the skateboard deck as you like. Take it to a shop to see about getting your board designed, or keep it in a portfolio.
Drawing a skateboard deck is easy enough, but nonetheless it does require an ability to draw well and a certain amount of artistic talent and inspiration. If you have little drawing experience, it may take you several tries before a beautiful deck drawing results.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…