How To Dress For A Concert
Need to know how to dress for a concert? How you dress for a concert depends greatly on what type of concert you’re attending. Going to an opera concert will call for a much different style of attire than going to a concert for a small band at a local pub. When in doubt, research your destination, especially if somebody else picked the concert and you’re just tagging along without knowing much about the band.
- Dress comfortably if you’re going to be standing up most of the night. Jeans and a T-shirt make the most sense, especially if paired with sensible shoes such as sneakers or sandals. Bring a light sweater if the concert is outdoors.
- Dress in layers. If you’re going to be jumping or dancing, you’re likely to get warm. Wearing layers will allow you to take something off so you don’t sweat too much. You can simply put the sweater or jacket back on when you’re ready to leave.
- Find out in advance if there's a dress code. If the concert is in a theater, some things, like shorts, might not be allowed. When in doubt, wear a simple pair of black pants with a simple T-shirt or shirt. The combo can work for both casual and more dressy occasions.
- Support the band by wearing a T-shirt with their name on it. Or you can print your own T-shirt with the lyrics of one of their songs or a catchphrase that identifies them. A local print shop should be able to print your T-shirt for just a few dollars, so you can dress for the concert and show your musical taste at the same time.
- Leave the big backpack at home. Bring a small zippered purse or carry your ID and wallet in your pockets. If you’re wearing a jacket, choose one that has interior pockets. If not, use the front pockets of your jeans, not the rear ones, to protect your valuables.