Have you always wanted to dress like a cowboy? Perhaps you want to start a new personal style, or maybe you just want to dress like a cowboy for Halloween this year. It’s not difficult at all. Here is how to do it.
You will need:
- Cowboy hat
- Leather belt with buckle
- Leather cowboy boots
- Bolo tie with clasp
- Long-sleeved, button-up shirt
- Tight-fitting pants
How to dress like a cowboy:
- Find yourself an authentic cowboy hat. You will often find one made of wool felt or straw at a local thrift shop. Dress like a real cowboy: wear the wool hat to keep your head warm in the winter or a straw one to shade the summer sun.
- Buy or borrow a pair of cowboy boots. They generally come in gray, black, or brown-try to match your hat. Throw on a leather belt with a huge silver buckle for good measure to dress like a genuine cowboy.
- Find your most worn-out, tight-fitting pants. Dig in the back of your closet; they need not be clean in order to dress like a cowboy.
- Purchase a long-sleeved, button-up shirt. It should have two breast pockets and should be wrinkle-free. To dress like a cowboy, it can be solid, striped, or plaid; flannel is good for the cooler seasons.
- Finally, throw on a bolo tie. This is a cord with a decorative clasp that goes around the neck, like a tie. This is a must when you are dressing like a true cowboy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...