Have you always wanted to dress like a cowboy? Perhaps you want to start a new personal style, or maybe you just want to dress like a cowboy for Halloween this year. It’s not difficult at all. Here is how to do it.
You will need:
- Cowboy hat
- Leather belt with buckle
- Leather cowboy boots
- Bolo tie with clasp
- Long-sleeved, button-up shirt
- Tight-fitting pants
How to dress like a cowboy:
- Find yourself an authentic cowboy hat. You will often find one made of wool felt or straw at a local thrift shop. Dress like a real cowboy: wear the wool hat to keep your head warm in the winter or a straw one to shade the summer sun.
- Buy or borrow a pair of cowboy boots. They generally come in gray, black, or brown-try to match your hat. Throw on a leather belt with a huge silver buckle for good measure to dress like a genuine cowboy.
- Find your most worn-out, tight-fitting pants. Dig in the back of your closet; they need not be clean in order to dress like a cowboy.
- Purchase a long-sleeved, button-up shirt. It should have two breast pockets and should be wrinkle-free. To dress like a cowboy, it can be solid, striped, or plaid; flannel is good for the cooler seasons.
- Finally, throw on a bolo tie. This is a cord with a decorative clasp that goes around the neck, like a tie. This is a must when you are dressing like a true cowboy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.