How To Dress Like An Emo
If you want to dress like an Emo, you'll need the right clothing, accessories and haircut. When it comes to dressing like an Emo, think tight, dark jeans and a well-fitted t-shirt. You'll look even more like an Emo if your shirt has your favorite band or an old-school advertisement on it. Stop getting your haircut and dye it a dark shade if you can.
To dress like an Emo, you will need:
- Dark, skinny jeans
- Studded belt
- Fitted t-shirts
- Rubber bangles
- Lip ring or other piercing
- Canvas sneakers
- Eye liner
- Black hair dye
- Hair gel
- Wear skinny jeans with a studded belt. The jeans should be dark rinse, black or a deep grey in color. Go for a belt that has at least two rows of studs. If you want contrast, wear a bright white or red studded belt instead of a black belt.
- Wear a t-shirt that looks like it's almost too tight. If you get chilly, wear a pullover hoodie over your t-shirt. The hoodie should have a band logo or brand on it. Get extra creative and wear a shirt or hoodie that has an artistic screenprint, such as an Andy Warhol print, on it.
- Accessorize with rubber bangles on each arm. Wear about ten or twenty on each arm. You should also have a piercing somewhere on your body. A lip or eyebrow ring is a good way to dress like an Emo. If you want, you can also stretch your earlobes and wear earplugs.
- Place a few pins on your clothing to dress like an Emo. A small band logo pin under the front pocket of your jeans works or a safety pin by the crotch.
- Put a pair of canvas sneakers on your feet. Choose sneakers in a fun color, such as green or orange, to stand out for the rest of the emo pack. Use sandpaper to add some wear to the shoes or poke holes in them with scissors.
- Line your eyes with eye liner, yes, even if you are a guy. Dye your hair black and brush it forward so that it droops over your forehead. Add some gel to smooth it down a bit and get it to stay in place.