How To Dress In Italy
Are you planning a trip to Europe and wondering how to dress in Italy? One thing is certain, Italy is world renowned for great fashion and design. In the Spring and Summer months when most travelers visit Italy, lightweight clothing is ideal.
You will need:
- Shirts, natural fabrics
- Pants, natural fabrics
- Trendy jeans, lightweight
- Blazer, linen or cotton
- Go online and look at fashion websites that show you what celebrities are wearing in Italy to see the current styles. This will give you direct insight as to how to dress in Italy. Your clothing should be basic in terms of the color schemes—white, beige, brown, grey, and black are always good choices. A tailored white button down shirt looks great on a lot of men, but make sure it is fashionable and not flashy. Of course you can go with other solid colors as well, just keep in mind people in Europe often wear more subdued colors, not bright shirts or busy patterns.
- Go to the mall to look at styles. In terms of how to dress in Italy, it is warm in the spring and summer, so opt for natural fabrics. These will also allow you to not be bogged down with heavy luggage. Your clothing can be resort casual attire meaning fabrics like cotton, linen, and silk (nothing shiny) for shirts, pants, and jackets. You definitely will want to leave all NFL jerseys, t-shirts with logos, and tank tops behind in your closet.
- Purchase new clothes at the mall. Pick up one to two pairs of jeans to wear if you do not have any, but they should look stylish and trendy. Jeans are acceptable at many restaurants in the evening. Jeans are often worn with a jacket or blazer in the evening to dinner. If it is an upscale, fine dining establishment, of course you will need to dress up a bit more.
- Designer sunglasses work wonders for any outfit so if you do not have any it is a great time to make a purchase. The look should be classic, not over the top with logos or "bling".
- Begin packing and remember to bring comfortable shoes that are still stylish. Nice leather sandals and shoes will work well, but try to avoid flip flops for touring the cities and going to nice restaurants. Also, avoid wearing tennis shoes because they scream "American". You can dress in comfortable attire in Italy but always keep in mind you should look stylish but understated.
Get your hair cut to complement your new look! You will be the epitome of how to dress in Italy!
Tip: Always remember that less is more regarding how you dress in Italy.