Knowing how to dress for a job interview at a restaurant could be the difference between getting the job or being overlooked. Just like any other interview, what you wear is part of the first impression that you leave with a future employer and one of the ways to show that you are really interested in the job. Here are a few tips to make sure that you are dressed for success for this restaurant interview.
- No matter what position you are applying for, make sure to dress well. If you are applying for a position to bus tables in a restaurant or work in the kitchen, dress up. You don't want to show them what you are planning to wear for work every morning. You want them to see that you are serious about the interview and you see the interview and the job as important.
- Don't wear jeans or a t-shirt. These items are not restaurant interview attire. If you are interviewing for a position in the restaurant kitchen and may be asked to demonstrate some of your skills, you ca always bring these things along and change into them if necessary. You can also bring your own apron.
- A shirt and tie make you look professional. Choose something that fits well. Colors and patterns aren't important. If you are interviewing for a management position, you may want to add a sports jacket.
- Dress pants and shoes are also ideal for interviewing. If you will be in the kitchen at any point during the interview, make sure you are wearing shoes with a no slip tread.
- If you have any piercings or tattoos, make sure they are taken out and or covered up. It isn't that there is anything wrong with tattoos and piercings, but you want to put your best foot forward at an interview for a position at a restaurant. If you are offered the job, you will be given information on the company dress code.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.