Yo, so you want to know how to dress like Ne Yo? I can understand the appeal. He certainly stands out from the masses. Slow down, show some class and sweet talk your way into a special lady's life. Start with the garments.
- Start a hat collection. This is a significant part of your wardrobe. Find a style that looks good on you. Try a fedora, newsboy, ski cap, or interchange different styles for a true Ne Yo look. Vintage hats, brand new hats, whatever, the key is to put one on and forget about it. Become one with the hat like Ne Yo.
- Dress up. Crank up your style a notch or two. Sure you can wear a T-shirt, just make it a fitted one in a strong solid color. Charcoal grey, black, deep plum, chocolate brown, something that is a little out of the ordinary. Wear your polos the same way, fitted and tucked in just like Ne Yo.
- Wear your button shirts a little slim as well. Purchase shirts this way, or have your favorites altered to taper in at the waist a little. This tiny touch makes a big difference in how the shirt comes across.
- Pair your fitted shirts with a vest. Suit vests make a great accompaniment. Wearing a vest also makes the hat you are wearing look more appropriate.
- Get comfortable with your suits. A three piece suit is the best way to emulate Ne Yo. His style is over the top with a retro flair, reminiscent of the Rat Pack: shiny snakeskin suits, narrow lapels, shawl collared jackets. Look for something that looks like it came straight from the 1960's, and you are set.
- Use the details to your advantage. If a suit is not going to work on a day to day basis, but you still want to dress like Ne Yo, simplify your wardrobe. Wear pieces that are fairly unassuming on their own: fitted T-shirts, slim cut dark jeans, a vest, a hat. Keep the pieces impeccably maintained, clean and pressed and in no time you will be crooning with the best of them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …