Are you going out but are unsure of how to dress for a party? Look your best by taking cues from your well-dressed friends or consulting a fashion magazine. Even if you're the worst dresser in the world, you can still dress well for a party by keeping things simple.
- Find out what type of party you'll be attending. Pick your outfit based on the party. If it's a picnic, you'll look pretty silly if you dress in a three-piece suit. If it's a more formal affair, showing up dressed in a pair of jeans will be pretty embarrassing.
- Dress in jeans and a fitted shirt for a casual party. Choose jeans that fit you well and don't have any rips or tears in them. If you want a break from jeans, wear a pair of khakis. Go for a pair with a flat front—no pleats. You can wear a nicely fitted plain T-shirt or a sleek button-up shirt to a less formal party. A solid color polo shirt is another good choice. If it's cold out, bring a light sweater or stylish blazer along with you.
- Wear swim trunks to a pool or beach party. Make sure your swimming shorts are long enough without being too long. It's generally a good idea to wear knee-length shorts.
- Wear a suit to a dinner or cocktail party. You should wear your jacket until the party's host takes his off.
- Dress in a creative costume for a Halloween or costume party. Get creative and try to avoid showing up in the same costume everyone else will be in.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.