How To Dress Like A Rocker
If you’re going to learn how to dress like a rocker you’re going to have to abandon any reservations you have about your fashion. No longer will you have rules you feel you have to follow. No way are you going to tuck that shirt in. To dress like a rocker, you have to feel like a rocker and that means letting go of your inhibitions.
Things you'll need:
- Clothing (to be specified later)
- Makeup (to be specified later)
- To begin creating your look, think about what you’re trying to achieve. Do you want an everyday street rocker look or an over-the-top look you would only find on a stage? Deciding between these choices will make a big difference in the materials you’ll need. For a good middle ground, you’ll need some basics to start. Black clothes are always good for the rocker look, things such as T-shirts and tight fitting jeans. It’s OK if they’re a little beat up, that just adds to the rocker style.
- Clothes are just one part of the look. Once you’ve got your old school skate shoes, black skinny jeans and old band T-shirt, you’re going to need to pull your look together. As with the clothes, black makeup is the most fitting. Anything that will make people look your direction, anything highly contrasting. Black eyeliner is the most common rocker makeup for guys.
- To compliment the clothes find matching jewelry. No, not crystals or anything like that. Silver works well along with the black to create a contrast. Black leather is also a good touch, as is any combination of these items. Try a choker, rings, facial or ear piercings, and wrist cuffs.
- One final addition that is important to creating the rocker look is the hair. You could choose something along the lines of 80s hair metal: long, full and wild. Or you could choose a more modern look: layers upon layers of swishy, spiky hair. Add product to any style of hair to make it more crazy, more reality defying, will make the look more like a rocker.