How To Dress Like A Surfer
You don't have to be Kelly Slater to know how to dress like a surfer. Heck, you don't even have to live near an ocean to wear surfing attire. Adopting surfer style is probably the easiest style to pick up.
To dress like a surfer, you will need:
- blond highlights
- flip flops
- board shorts
- Get blond highlights. Surfers spend their days in the sun and surf, which lightens their hair. As far as the surfer look goes, the blonder the better.
- Slip on flip flops. Rainbow brand flip flops are a good choice. You can also opt for Reef sandals or Donovon Frankenreiter shoes. Flip flops are essential to learning how to dress like a surfer. How many surfers have you seen sporting sneakers on the beach?
- Wear board shorts. The more colorful your board shorts are the better. You can find board shorts as surfer stores like PacSun. Alternatively, shop at Hollister or Abercrombie and Fitch for your board shorts.
- Go shirtless. Now, there is a prerequisite to going shirtless. You need to look good shirtless. You don't have to have bulging muscles for this to work, but you need to be trim and display a few solid muscles in all the right places. If you're sporting love handles, keep the shirt on.
- Sport sunglasses. Surfers spend a lot of time outdoors in the bright sun and can't go without a cool pair of shades. Don't scrimp here because you want a pair that offers you the best UVB and UV protection that you can find.
- Get a tan. Surfer dudes and surfer girls are tan. Now, you don't have to bake in the sun for hours on end or go to a tanning salon. Too much unprotected sun can harm your skin and may lead to skin cancer. Instead, pick up a self-tanning cream. Exfoliate your skin, then apply the cream. The sunless tanners should keep you nice and bronze for up to a week. Alternatively, go to a tanning salon and get a spray tan.
Now, the list above gives you ideas on how to dress like a surfer. But you need to act like a surfer to pull the whole thing off. Make sure you smile a lot. Surfers are laid-back, cool dudes. They rarely let anything bother them, so don't sweat the small stuff. Having the right surfer-dude attitude, will make your surfing attire work that much more.