Need to know how to dress with a vest? Vests are a great choice for indoor and outdoor dress. Outdoor vests are worn in place of a coat with a long-sleeve shirt or sweater and will give a casual appearance. Read on if you are looking for ways to get the most out of your vests.
- Leather vests are very versatile. If you own a leather vest, consider where you are going to be wearing the vest. Leather vests can be worn with T-shirts and jeans for a casual appearance. A leather vest can be worn with leather pants or chaps with jeans for a great casual look that works well with a dress shirt or long-sleeve shirt. This same vest can be a dress vest when worn with dress pants and a collared dress shirt.
- Knit vests are worn for a casual dress appearance. These vests come in pull-over and buttoned varieties. If you want to wear a knit vest, consider a dress shirt and casual dress pants or denim. Wearing a tie or a bow tie with this ensemble will work for a nicer occasion.
- Dress vests can help you dress for a formal event. Dress vests are worn with a suit, tuxedo or a pair of dress pants and a dress shirt. Add a pocket watch for a classic look.
- Outdoor vests are worn with a long-sleeve shirt. Outdoor vests are used for outdoor work and sports. Outdoor vests should be worn with denim or other work pants and a long sleeve shirt or sweater. Hoodies are sometimes layered underneath for additional weather protection.
- Vests with designs or shiny fabric, such as silk or satin, work best with solid-colored dress pants. If you are wondering how to dress up a paisley vest, choose a solid-colored matching shirt and tie or bow tie.
- A vest in a vibrant color can be difficult to dress with. Try a white dress shirt with black dress pants. If using a tie, the tie should match the vest or the black pants.
- Denim vests are a casual style of vest. Pair a denim vest with denim or leather pants. Casual or dress boots work well with this look.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …