Well dressed people appear more confident, attractive and put-together than badly dressed people. Attire is one of the first things noticed on a person; the first impression is long-lasting. Give a good first impression for an interview, first meeting, date or any occasion in life by learning how to dress well.
- Wear the color that suits you best. Wear pastel colors like baby blue if you are fair-skinned, dark colors like navy or black if you are olive-skinned and bright colors if you have dark skin. Color that compliments skin tone can make a person appear fresher.
- Watch out for trends and fashions. Look through magazines, watch television and keep an eye on celebrities to stay updated on clothing styles. Do not wear outdated clothing; old clothing can make someone look out-of-date, older and fashion lacking.
- Dress well with clothes that fit. Avoid wearing clothes that are baggy, tight, too short or too long. Wearing tight clothing will emphasize bulges and imperfections. Dress well by wearing clothing that fits perfectly.
- Wear the right clothes for the occasion and weather. Make outfits based on the weather and plans for the day. If it is hot, wear a pair of shorts with a T-shirt. Sweaters and coats should be worn during cold, winter weather. Wear formal clothing like tuxedos to events like weddings, dates or funerals.
- Accessorize outfits. Make outfits look better by accessorizing jewelry and hats. Coordinating accessories with the right outfit will make someone look like he knows how to dress well. Wear a watch, baseball cap or any accessory to improve outfits.
- Match clothes. Do not pair odd clothes together. Bright patterns and bold colors should be paired with subtle clothing. For example, match printed shorts with a solid color T-shirt. Wearing a mix of several patterns will not make a person look well dressed.
- Check clothing for loose threads, wrinkles and holes. Never wear clothing that has holes and stains on it. Wearing clothing with wrinkles, stains and holes will make a person look lazy, disheveled and very badly dressed. Cut loose threads and iron creases.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.