If you don't spend much time on them, it can be confusing to know how to dress on a yacht. Generally, it will be different than how you would dress on a regular boat. Yacht's tend to be reserved for a higher class of people. Also, it is common for weddings and other soirees to be held on yachts. When you think about how to dress on a yacht, the image tends to be of preppy's wearing deck shoes. Consider going with a preppy look, but you can vary it a bit, depending on the occasion and your own personal style.
- Wear khaki pants on a yacht. They are neutral and can be paired with just about any type of shirt and shoes. Make sure that they are a bit loose and cuffed at the bottom.
- Add a polo shirt. This is a preppy and casual look for yacht-wear. As polo shirts have collars, they will adhere to just about any dress code.
- Another option for a shirt is a button-down shirt. Any type of button-down shirt is appropriate. Wear a crisp white button-down shirt. Leave it un-tucked.
- Add some Sperry topsiders. These are the quintessential boat shoes. They come in different colors, such as white, brown, tan and dark blue.
- Wear a brown belt on a yacht. It will pull your outfit together. Choose a woven belt or a thin, leather belt. A soft brown is neutral and looks good with the clothes that you will be wearing.
- Make sure that your clothes are freshly ironed with no wrinkles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.