So you want to learn how to dribble a basketball between your legs? This simple yet impressive move can give you instant credibility on the court. But if you perform in incorrectly and dribble the ball off of your butt in the process you run the risk of looking like a major tool. A between-the-legs dribble should be used to change direction quickly and keep the ball away from the defender.
To dribble a basketball between your legs you will need:
- 1 regulation basketball
To dribble a basketball between your legs:
- Dribble with your right hand while moving right. Be sure to keep your dribble low by your knee and keep your head up.
- Step forward with your left leg. This should be a natural part of your stride. Do not make a huge lunge, which could throw you off balance and make your upcoming move obvious to the defender.
- Bounce the basketball from your right hand to your left hand under your left leg. Keep it low! You want the ball to bounce low and crisp to your left hand. Too high of a bounce at this point would be both embarrassing and painful.
- Change direction. Shift your momentum from your right to your left. Pivot slightly on your right foot and push off of it going left.
- Explode past the defender. Your first step after the crossover should be fast and explosive, while you dribble with your left hand.
- Repeat the above steps with the opposite hand to dribble a basketball between your legs going from your left hand to your right hand.
If you follow these simple steps, you're guaranteed to become a better dribbler and more skilled basketball player.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.