How To Dribble A Soccer Ball For The First Time
When it comes to learning the game of soccer, many people want to know how to dribble a soccer ball for the first time. After all dribbling a soccer ball is one of the most basic moves a soccer player needs to perform in order to be successful. Here are some tips on how to dribble a soccer ball for the first time so that you can improve your soccer skills and become a great player.
- Soccer ball
- Cleats (optional)
- Stand slightly behind the soccer ball. The purpose of learning how to dribble a soccer ball for the first time is so you may move the soccer ball toward your opponent's goal and hopefully score or pass to another teammate. Stand so that you are just behind the soccer ball.
- Gently kick the ball with your dominant foot forward. To dribble a soccer ball for the first time, take the instep of your foot (where your arch is) and gently kick the ball so that it rolls about a foot in front of you.
- Follow the soccer ball. Take a step toward the soccer ball and kick it again using your opposite foot. You may use the inside of your foot again (the instep), or the top of your foot (the laces on the cleats) in order to propel the ball forward.
- Repeat the kicking of the soccer ball. To dribble a soccer ball for the first time continue to kick the soccer ball forward in a straight line alternating which foot you use to kick the ball. Congratulations, you have now learned how to dribble a soccer ball for the first time.
- After mastering dribbling the soccer ball, try adding other skills such as dribbling and then shooting, or dribbling and then passing to teammates.