How To Dribble A Soccer Ball Straight In A Row
When it comes to playing soccer, many players want to know how to dribble a soccer ball straight in a row. After all when you’re on a break away and trudging toward the opposing goal, you want to push the ball upfield with a enough momentum to stay ahead of the defenders. Here’s how to dribble a soccer ball straight in a row while playing soccer.
- Soccer ball
- Soccer field
- Soccer cleats
- Locate a straight line on the soccer field. There are many straight lines you can use from the sideline to the midline to the goal box and more. Just find a straight line on the soccer field that gives you enough room to dribble the soccer ball for a significant distance. Place the soccer ball on that line.
- Push the ball forward using your dominant foot. Using the laces or top of the soccer cleat, push the ball forward along the line.
- Repeat the movement with your other foot. Using your non-dominant foot push the soccer ball forward again. Making sure that it is along the line.
- Keep dribbling the soccer ball. To dribble a soccer ball straight in a row while playing soccer you want to slowly build speed. Try and increase the pace at which you are dribbling the soccer ball while maintaining it on the line.
- Look forward down the field. To dribble a soccer ball straight in a row, you want your eyes focused ahead of you. If you are stuck looking down at the soccer ball, then it is easy for a defender to blind side you and steal the soccer ball.
- Keep the dribbling at a safe distance in front of you. To dribble a soccer ball straight in a row, you also want to make sure that you aren’t pushing the soccer ball so far out in front of you that a defender can steal it. Contain each dribble to one to two feet.
- Continue practicing until you master the skill. The person with the best ball handling skills on the soccer field has an advantage over lesser players. Keeping improving your accuracy and speed when it comes time to dribble a soccer ball straight in a row.