By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn about how to drill a bowling ball. No matter if you are a professional bowler, looking for a ball that fits your hand perfectly, or simply are looking for something unique, following these tips is sure to get you the bowling ball of your dreams.
- Undrilled bowling ball
- Tape measure
- Drill press
- Drill bits
- Sanding tool attachment
- Determine what type of finger pattern you are interested in. Typically, most conventional bowling balls allow players to place their fingers into the holes up to the second knuckle. In some cases, a fingertip hole pattern may be preferable, where only the first joint of each finger fits into the hole. Traditionally, this pattern is best for advanced bowlers with great grip strength.
- Measure the distance between fingers, and mark on the undrilled bowling ball. Place your fingers on the surface of the bowling ball, and measure the distance between the thumb and two fingers, as well as the distance between the two fingers. Measure these distances carefully, and mark on the undrilled bowling ball.
- Place the bowling ball into the drill press. Make sure that the ball is locked securely into place for best results.
- Choose a drill bit for the bowling ball. Ideally, this drill bit should be of a size similar to the thumb of the bowler in both diameter and length. Lock the drill bit into the drill, and drill the thumb hole. Repeat the process with the finger holes using the appropriately sized drill bits.
- Attach a sanding tool to the drill press. Sand the holes until they are as soon as possible.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.