Need to know how to drink beer fast? When getting together with friends for beer, someone inevitably wants to drink the beer in the fastest way possible. It may be for a party game or a simple challenge. Set up your own rules on what is allowed and practice these three methods.
To drink a beer fast by chugging (swallowing fast):
- Fill a glass with beer. This allows some of the carbonation to evaporate, which allows for easier swallowing.
- Take a few deep breaths. Tip your head back to let your throat open up, and pour.
- Swallow by concentrating on using the muscles at the very back of your throat. Don't try to use your tongue or your whole mouth. Breathe in through your nose as necessary.
To drink a beer fast using a beer bong (a large funnel with a long plastic tube underneath):
- Plug the end of the tube with your thumb. Raise the end of the tube higher than the funnel, and fill the funnel with beer.
- Put the end of the tube into your mouth. Raise the funnel higher than your head to let gravity take over.
- Open the back of your throat while swallowing, instead of using your whole mouth. Beer flowing from a bong comes faster than you have ever experienced.
To drink beer fast by shotgun (a hole in a beer can):
- Tip the beer can on its side. Puncture a hole in the side of the can, toward the bottom.
- Put your mouth to the hole. Open the tab and suck out the beer from the punctured hole.
Until you have had some practice, the sheer force of that much beer coming out of the bong or the shotgun may surprise you. Prepare for a bit of coughing and sputtering. Stay out of range of those fast-drinking beer "virgins," as they could very well spew beer (or something else) all over. Remember, drinking beer fast can make you vomit. Too much beer is never good for anyone, either the night of the drinking or the following morning. Beware of alcohol poisoning, as it can kill. If you are out, always have a designated driver or call a cab when it is time to go home. Or, sleep over.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.