How To Drop Tune A Guitar With Tuning Fork
How to drop tune a guitar with tuning fork properly is important. Some guitar players tune their guitar by ear, by piano, or with a pitch pipe; then there is also the option of a tuning fork. For those people wanting to know how to drop tune a guitar with a tuning fork here is how to start:
- Tuning with a pitch fork is almost always done in the key of A.
- Knock the key of A of the tuning fork sharply against the edge of the table, then stand the tuner up on the table.
- Pick the A string of the guitar and make it match the pitch of the tuner by tightening or loosening the pegs. It is important the pitches sound the same when learning how to drop tune a guitar with a tuning fork.
- E should match that of A when it is picked, while holding down the fifth fret.
- Press down the fifth fret of the A string, D should match that pitch.
- Press down the fifth fret of the D string, G should match that pitch.
- Press the fourth fret of the G string, B should match this.
- Press the fifth fret of B, E should match this in sound. All the keys should be tuned after this step when learning how to drop tune a guitar with a tuning fork.
If a tuning fork cannot be used, assume that the E string is on pitch and following these same instructions. This is another way to tune a guitar in a pinch. Tuning a guitar doesn't have to be difficult, it is easy to know how to drop tune a guitar with a tuning fork.