If you’re a duck hunter, it’s important you learn how to duck call to maximize your success during duck hunting. There are five basic duck calls every hunter needs to know to be the most successful while hunting. It’s important to know the difference between the five calls as well.
- How to duck call with the basic quack. The basic quack is one of the most important duck calls to learn; however, it is also among the most difficult. The basic duck call should be short and crisp. A plain and simple “quack” will do. It’s important to end the call properly.
- How to duck call with the greeting call. The greeting call is composed of five to seven descending notes. The call should sound more of a “kanc” than a “quack.” The notes need to be called in a steady rhythm.
- How to duck call with the feed call. The feed call is seldom used but still handy to learn. This call sounds high when you first begin the call and the volume decreases as you near the end of the call. The call sounds similar to saying “kitty, kitty.”
- How to duck call with the hail call. It’s recommended you don’t use this call within 100 feet of ducks. This is a very high and loud call. Although this call needs to be loud, keep it as naturally sounding as possible. The call is composed of an “aaaink” sound.
- How to duck call with the pleading call. This call should sound exactly like its name states—pleading. This is a call composed of five to six quacks, in a long, drawn out call. It is used to call ducks back if they begin to fly off.
Either you have the ability to duck call or you don’t. Learning how to duck call comes more naturally to some hunters than it does to others. Practicing and listening to the ducks and the sound of your call is the key aspect of mastering duck calls.
The Basics: Calls Every Duck Hunter Must Master: Ducks.org
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.