Need to know how to dye your hockey goalie gloves? Dying your hockey goalie gloves is similar to dying clothing. Just remember that when dying, things may not always go as planned. Your hockey gloves may end up a different color than you intended, or it just may not be what you expected. Here is a guide that will help you prevent these things from happening, by providing you with a few steps to dye your hockey gloves.
- Hockey gloves
- Any color dye
- Dye fixation
- Pot and spoon
- Wash the hockey goalie gloves. Washing your hockey goalie gloves before dying them helps in the dying process. It allows for the dye to be absorbed into the glove properly.
- Choose a dying fixation. There are a variety of fixatives that you can choose from. Place the product on your hockey goalie gloves on a stove top. Add water and let the hockey goalie gloves simmer in the fixative bath for an hour. Make sure that no part of the gloves are visible above the water.
- Once an hour has passed wring out the hockey goalie gloves, and set them aside.
- Begin the dye bath. The directions for the dye bath vary from package to package. Once you have prepared the bath transfer your hockey goalie gloves to this bath. Let this sit and simmer for one hour then turn the heat down to low.
- Check the gloves every ten minutes until you are satisfied with the color. Colors are usual darker when wet, so remember this before you make your final decision.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …