How To Eat Avocado
If you've never had an avocado then figuring out how to eat avocado may be a bit confusing. Avocados have a hard, bumpy skin with a firm, creamy inside and a large seed. They are considered to be very nutrient dense and provide lots of nutrients such as fiber, potassium, vitamins, and folic acid. Avocados have a mild taste which makes them great in salads and even smoothies. This article will show you how to properly eat an avocado.
To eat an avocado, you will need:
- paring knife
- cutting board
- spoon (optional)
- Stand the avocado up. Stand the avocado up on the cutting board. Be sure to stand it up in the wider end to make holding it easier.
- Make the first cut. Cut straight down the top of the avocado. You will only be able to cute about and inch deep before you feel the pit.
- Cut the sides. Lay the avocado in your hand. Taking your knife, cut along the sides of the avocado. You will feel the pit as you cut.
- Twist the avocado. Take the avocado and twist the two parts. They will come apart easily if you can cut it properly. The pit will be in one half of the avocado
- Remove the pit. An easy way to remove the avocado pit is to lodge the knife into the seed and give the knife a twist and a pull. This will remove the pit easily. you could also scoop out the seed with a spoon.
- Remove the avocado flesh. To eat avocado you must remove the insides. Score it by making a cross-hatch design without cutting the peel. You could also use a spoon to scoop out the avocado.
- Eat. Place the avocado on a plate and eat. Try sprinkling with salt and pepper to enhance the natural flavors of the avocado if desired.