If you know how to eat brie cheese the right way, then you can truly enjoy this revered French cheese. Brie cheese is made from cow’s milk and is aged for six weeks. What you want when eating brie cheese is to get the most from the flavor and texture.
- Rind or no rind. The French eat the rind. It adds taste to an otherwise mild cheese.
- Temperature. Bring the cheese to room temperature before eating. Taking it out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving it should be enough time to let it warm up.
- Portioning. Since brie cheese is round, slice it into thin slices from the center outward or into pie shaped slices. Dip your knife in hot water to keep it from sticking.
- Serving. Serve this cheese with a sliced French baguette. You can use a cracker, but make sure it is a quality low-flavor one.
- Accompaniments. Brie is a mildly flavored cheese so if you serve fruit with it, be sure they are light fruits such as grapes or apples.
- Storage. Brie is usually ripe when purchased and should be eaten within one to two weeks. Wrap the cheese in parchment or wax paper and then in plastic to store it in the refrigerator.
- Wine. A dry white wine goes well with this cheese. Try a Chardonnay or a sparkling wine such as Champagne.
- Baked. An elegant and popular way to eat brie cheese is to top it with apricot preserves or raspberry jam and wrap it in pastry dough. It comes out of the oven hot and melted.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.