It's not only the French who love brie and know how to eat brie properly. Brie, that soft, melted, smooth and rich cheese, is a delicious treat in its own right but pairing it with a few different items will take your Brie eating experience to new levels. Come along and learn how to eat brie properly.
To eat brie properly, you will need:
- A wedge or wheel of brie cheese. Purchase the best quality brie you can afford as this cheese does come in different grades.
- A glass of white wine, such as Chardonnay
- A loaf of chewy french bread
- Complementary fruits, such as pears, apples, or grapes
- Unwrap your cherished brie wedge and place on an attractive plate. Brie, by its very nature, is encased in a soft rind which is edible. If you choose not to eat the rind though, prepare some slices of the brie and remove the rind. Do not take off the rind of the whole brie package though as the brie will dry out faster.
- Prepare 1/2" slices of the french bread. Cut the bread of a diagonal for the most attractive brie eating experience.
- Slice an apple and/or pear into thin slices and add to the plate. Cut grapes in half and add to the plate.
- Place a small slice of apple or pear on the french bread. Top with a creamy slice of brie. If you're going to eat your brie with grapes, put the brie directly on the bread and top with the halved grape.
- Take a bit of the bread and pop a piece of walnut in your mouth. The creaminess and mild flavor of the brie will be brightened by the fruit. The walnut adds a nice richness to the whole concoction. Follow with a small sip of wine. Now, THAT'S how to eat brie properly!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …