Many people are unsure about how to eat a coconut properly. Coconut is full of healthy nutrients such as magnesium and protein. It is very versatile and can be used in frostings, marinades, and even drinks. Coconut is also very delicious all by itself once you figure out how to open it. Coconuts are extremely hard and you should be very carful when attempting to crack one open.
To eat a coconut, you will need:
- A whole coconut
- Place the nail in the coconut eyes. Coconuts have three small indention holes called eyes. These holes are softer than the rest of the coconut. Place the nail head on one of the holes.
- Hammer the nail into the coconut. With a hammer, pound the nail into the coconut until it breaks through. Repeat for the second hole.
- Drain out the water. Coconut is filled with coconut water. Drain the water into a glass. Coconut water is healthy to drink and is a good source of B vitamins. You can drink the water if desired.
- Hammer around the coconut. Look for the indented line that runs all the way around the coconut. Use the hammer and hammer on this entire line around the entire coconut. It made need to be hammered twice. The coconut will eventually break into two halves.
- Cut out the coconut meat. To eat a coconut, you will need to use your knife to cut the coconut from the shell. Be careful.
- Eat the coconut meat. Fresh coconut meat is sweet, firm & moist.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.