How To Eat Food For Healthy Skin
Want to learn how to eat food for healthy skin? You’ve probably heard the old saying, "you are what you eat," and if you’ve been eating greasy fast food, sugary snacks, and other high-fat meals, it should come as no surprise if your skin has been looking a little dull lately, and possibly even suffering from breakouts, too. Read on to learn how to eat food for healthy skin so you can start treating your skin right.
- Antioxidants. If you want to eat food for healthy skin, incorporate berries into your diet. Specifically blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. The high antioxidant levels in fruit are said to do many wonderful things, including protect our skin from free radicals that contribute to aging.
- Consume the right fats. Jalapeno poppers and fried cheese sticks are not the right fats,and if you’ve been trying to eat those as food for healthy skin, your complexion is going to pay the price. Shun greasy fattening foods by eating salmon, walnuts, flax seeds, and canola oil instead. All of these food items contain essential fatty acids, omega 3 and omega 6, which create healthy cell membranes.
- Change to whole wheat. If you want to eat food for healthy skin, you definitely should stop eating the white bread you remember from your youth. Choose whole wheat and whole grain bread, rolls, English muffins, and bagels from now on and you’ll increase your selenium levels, which contributes to the health of your skin cells.
- Hydrate. It may sound simple, but drinking enough water per day may be the biggest key in how to eat food for healthy skin. While water may not exactly be “food,” it is food for your skin that keeps your skin cells hydrated and flushes out toxins. Get your eight glasses a day!
- Eat low-fat dairy products. For healthy looking skin, stock up on low-fat yogurt, milk, and string cheese. Skin cells depend on vitamin A for health, and low-fat dairy products are a great source of it. When you eat food for healthy skin, you’ll feel and look better from the inside out.
There are many advantages to eating right, from losing weight to radiant skin, and everything in between. If you start choosing to eat food for healthy skin, you’ll find that the benefits are plentiful, which should make the transition much easier.