Wondering how to eat food for healthy teeth? Good nutrition is important for the well-being of gums and teeth, especially as you age. Learn about different foods to eat to promote strong, healthy teeth.
- Drink milk. Milk is an excellent source of calcium, with one cup providing almost one-third of the daily recommended amount. Calcium is the most important mineral for the structure of teeth as well as bones. It is also used to maintain healthy gums.
- Eat yogurt. A good source of calcium that is also rich in probiotics, a daily cup of yogurt is a good idea for healthy teeth. By promoting beneficial bacteria in the intestinal system, probiotics also encourage the flourishing of good bacteria rather than bad bacteria in other areas of the body, such as the mouth.
- Have oatmeal for breakfast. What should eat for healthy teeth, besides good sources of calcium? Oatmeal, brown rice, soybeans, beets, and leafy green vegetables are all good sources of silica. This mineral is found in all connective tissue, including teeth.
- Eat crunchy vegetables and fruit. To exercise your gums and teeth, be sure to include raw veggies and fruit in your diet, such as carrots, cucumbers, peppers, apples, and celery sticks.
- Drink tea. True teas such as black, green, oolong, and white tea are great to drink for healthy teeth. Teas have natural antibacterial properties, and they are also a good source of fluoride.
- Drink fresh juices. Orange, apple, and cranberry juices are important sources of vitamin C. This nutrient helps by encouraging the regeneration of healthy cells, particularly useful in cases of a receding gum line.
Now that you know how to eat food for healthy teeth, you can supplement your daily brushing and flossing routine with a healthy diet. Also, try to avoid sugary foods as much as possible to keep that smile beautiful.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.