Learn about how to eat a grapefruit to get the most from this delicious fruit. Grapefruit is a citrus fruit that grows on trees in warm climates like Florida, Texas, Arizona, and California. The fruit can be somewhat sour or bitter but also sweet. Grapefruit varieties include white, pink, or red. This determines the sweetness of the fruit. The best part about grapefruit is how nutritious it is. Grapefruits contains vitamin C and fiber. Pink and red grapefruits also provide lycopene in the diet. Grapefruits contains no fat or cholesterol, which makes it a nutritious food that adds nothing bad to the diet.
To eat a grapefruit, you will need:
- Knife, serrated works best
- Grapefruit spoon, spoon with serrated tip
- Sugar or brown sugar
- Select ripe grapefruit. Ripe grapefruit are flavorful and juicy. They're also usually a little sweeter, making them a perfect fruit to eat at mealtime or as a snack. When grapefruits are ripe and ready to eat, they are firm but have some give when you press them. Overly soft grapefruit may be too ripe, so pass them by. Ripe grapefruit also have a nice, tangy citrus scent that is strong and tantalizing.
- Cut the grapefruit. Put the grapefruit on a cutting board. Have a bowl ready so you don't lose much juice. Get a serrated knife, like a steak knife or a bread knife. This cutting edge works well on the fruit's flesh. Cut the grapefruit in half.
- Scoop out the grapefruit sections. Put the halved grapefruit in a bowl. Sprinkle the grapefruit with about a teaspoon of white sugar or brown sugar if the tart fruit is too sour or bitter for you. Use the serrated-tipped grapefruit spoon to scoop out the sections to eat. The white membrane next to the peel is bitter so scoop out only the white, pink, or red flesh of the grapefruit to reduce bitterness.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.