Need to know how to eat mango? Mangoes are delicious fruits that taste great if ripe and are prepared right. Mangoes come from all the warm-weather countries and states. In order to eat a tasty mango, you'll need to have the time and patience to prepare them. Here, some guidelines have been provided for you to follow for preparing and eating a mango! Overall, it doesn't take very long to prepare a mango and the results are very rewarding if done right!
Make sure that you have the following:
- Ripe Mango
- Make sure the mango is ripe. This is the first thing you want to do. Mangoes that aren't ripe don't taste very good at all. A few ways to tell if a mango is ripe is its hardness and color. Ripe mangoes tend to be softer than mangoes that aren't ripe. Also, ripe mangoes have a yellow color as opposed to a green color.
- Cut away the skin layer. Take a knife and start cutting away at the edges of the mango. You can't use a peeler while cutting away the skin layer because you will cut away the edible meat as well. Take your time. You don't want to cut too deep into the mango and cut away some of the meat itself. Once you are finished with the cutting, your mango should still be fairly round. If it's kind of rectangular with straight edges, then you may need some help with cutting the skin away.
- Slice the meat. Hold your mango with one hand and your knife with the other. Now, slice the meat around the seed. Don't cut them into little chunks yet, however. Cut them into moderately thick strips. You'll know if you have hit the seed or not. Your knife probably can't cut through the seed. If you have hit the seed, cut around the seed.
- Cut the sliced meat into chunks. Now that you have separated the meat from the seed, it's time to cut the meat into chunks. Take one slice of meat at a time and cut them into squares or chunks.
- Dispose of the non-edible parts. Once you have prepared the meat, throw away all the skin and the seed. These parts are not edible so there is not point in keeping them.
- Eat the mango! Now that you have prepared the mango, it's time to eat. Take your fork and stick it through one of the chunks of mango. Then, eat and enjoy the mango!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …