How To Eat Raw
If you learn how to eat raw then you can have a much healthier diet. The goal when eating a raw food diet is to get as much as of the nutrition out of the foods you eat as possible. Cooking food over 116 degrees Fahrenheit changes the food and many of the enzymes that are present in the raw state are destroyed. Most raw diets are 75% raw food and are vegan so the challenge is to prepare food in an interesting way with these restrictions.
- Use a blender to make smoothies. When you eat raw the bulk of the diet is fruits and vegetables. Blending them up help you to get in as many servings as possible. You can also make soup from blended vegetables such as broccoli.
- “Cook” with a food dehydrator. Since a food dehydrator uses very low heat it can be used to make raw crackers, cookies or dehydrate fruit.
- Create raw juices with a juicer. Fans of using a juicer say it allows you to get the most nutrition out of raw fruits and vegetables and is easier than eating all of them whole.
- Sprout grains and legumes. Soaking grains and legumes like beans and peas into a glass jar will allow them to sprout in a few days. These sprouts are extremely nutritious.
- Eat nut butters and nut milks. When you eat raw you are at risk of not getting enough essential fatty acids. These are found in nuts so foods like almond milk or cashew butter as long as the nuts were not cooked prior to being made into these products.
- Use vegetables to make main dishes. Make pasta by slicing squash into thin pasta like strips. You can eat raw veggie burgers made out of vegetables and nuts and “cooked” in a dehydrator.