How To Enable Instant Messaging On BlackBerry Pearl Flip
If you wish to use services such as AIM and Yahoo! on your smartphone, you will need to learn how to enable instant messaging on BlackBerry Pearl Flip. The process is fairly straightforward and easy. You will need the original installation disk that came with your BlackBerry Pearl Flip. In addition, you will need to use the USB cable to connect your BlackBerry Pearl Flip to your computer.
- USB cable for BlackBerry Pearl Flip
- Computer running Windows
- Original installation disk
- Connect the BlackBerry Pearl Flip. Connect your smartphone to your computer using the USB Cable. USB ports are typically located on the back of your computer or on the side of your laptop.
- Insert the installation disk. Insert the installation disk into your computer. The automated wizard will automatically prompt you with installation instructions. Select the instant messenger you wish to enable when prompted. You will be given a choice of software such as AIM and Yahoo! Instant Messenger. Click "Next" and begin the installation process.
- Wait patiently. The software will automatically be installed and downloaded to your BlackBerry Pearl via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The process generally takes several minutes and may cause your BlackBerry Pearl Flip to restart. If your BlackBerry Pearl Flip does not automatically restart, you should restart the BlackBerry Pearl Flip once installation is complete.
- Confirm the installation. Confirm that instant messaging is enabled on your BlackBerry Pearl Flip. Navigate to the Applications menu from your home screen. Search for the AIM, Yahoo! or other Instant Messaging icon on your BlackBerry Pearl Flip.
- AIM is particularly problematic and many users report it not working on the BlackBerry Pearl Flip after installation.
- Instant messaging is network-dependent and may not be available for your BlackBerry Pearl Flip.
- Several third-party applications can enable instant messaging on your BlackBerry Pearl Flip.