You might find it necessary to enable Java on your BlackBerry Curve 8320 if you go to certain websites. Not all websites are completely mobile friendly. The default, for security reasons, is to have Java turned off on your phone. When you browse to a website that requires Java, one of two things will happen. Either it will prompt you to enable Java to see the content or it will give you an error message, and you won’t be able to see it. You can change the settings of your Java quickly, making it easy to change back and forth as needed. You can even change the setting to try to force a prompt to enable, if the website has that ability.
- Open the web browser on your BlackBerry Curve 8320. It usually is the picture of a globe. You will not be using the browser itself, but this is the easiest way to access the settings needed. Additionally, this allows you to adjust “on the fly” as you wish.
- Press the BlackBerry icon button, or “Menu” button to the left of the trackball. This button opens a list of menu options for whatever application you are in currently.
- Scroll down to “Options” and press the trackball to select. A new window will appear over the browser window listing three choices.
- Click with your trackball on the first selection, “Browser Configuration.” This gives a variety of different settings within the new window, including a place to change your homepage.
- Press the BlackBerry Menu button once more. Choose “Save Options” from the list that appears and click your trackball. This will save all your changes and return you the Browser Options window.
- Press the “Back” button to the right of the trackball. The Browser Options window will disappear, returning you to your browser homepage.
Many people find it safer to run their BlackBerry Curve 8320 with Java off and enabling Java on a case-by-case basis.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.