How To Enhance The Sound In An Iphone
To enjoy the full potential of an iPhone, you will want to know how to enhance the sound in an iPhone. The iPhone's stock speakers are decent, unfortunately the sound often sounds low or muffled. The primary reason for this is the speakers are over-protected. The protection over the speakers blocks the sound output causing the volume to sound low and muffled. Fortunately, there are several different methods to enhance the sound in an iPhone, the easiest of which is a quick hardware hack.
What you need to enhance the sound in an iPhone:
- Safety pin, needle, clothes pin
- Test the current sound level. Listen to a song or ring tone with the volume set to max. Make a mental note of the current sound level.
- Locate the speaker. Look at the bottom of the iPhone. Locate the grated bezel at the left of the iPhone on the bottom. This bezel is protecting a speaker.
- Open up several holes in the speaker bezel. Using the safety-pin (or other sharp object) create several holes in the bezel. Gently insert the object into the speaker bezel, stop when you feel the object penetrate the material. Some residue may fall out, white or blue in color. This is adhesive.
- Test the new speaker volume. Play back a ring tone or song, the volume should be much louder. Most likely the audio will have a less muffled sound and be much clearer and you will have enhanced the sound in an iPhone.
- A sewing needle works best.
- The needle should only need to enter about 1.8 mm into the speaker bezel to penetrate the material.
- This hardware mod works much better than software programs that claim to increase volume.
- Do not do this is you are worried you might damage your iPhone.
- When done properly, this is completely safe and produces great results.