How To Enter Pairing Mode On PS3 Headset
How to enter pairing mode on a PS3 Bluetooth headset is quite simple, but there are two different options. You can choose to pair your Bluetooth headset using the provided USB cable, or by using a typical Bluetooth pairing option. If you choose to use the “automatic mode” pairing option, pairing through the USB cable, then you will have an option for advanced features. While if you pair through the typical Bluetooth pairing options you will have only the essential features.
To pair the PS3 Bluetooth headset with “automatic mode”, you will need:
- PS3 Bluetooth Headset
- PS3 Bluetooth Headset USB Cable
- Be sure that the PS3 Bluetooth headset is fully charged. To ensure that your battery life is long and strong on your Bluetooth headset you always want to allow it to fully charge before using it.
- Turn on your PS3 system and check its software. To be able to use the advanced features on the automatic pairing mode you will need to have PlayStation software version 2.5 or higher. If you do not have that then you will need to update your system software before you pair your headset.
- Plug the PS3 Bluetooth headset into the PS3 console. Take the USB cable that you came with your PS3 headset charger, and the one you used to charge your headset previously. Plug the USB side of the cable into an open USB port on your PS3. Then plug the other end of the cable, the mini-b connector, into the PS3 headset.
- Your headset has now been paired with the PS3. The power indicator light on the Bluetooth headset will light up in solid green for two seconds. When this happens it means that your PS3 console and your PS3 Bluetooth headset have been paired successfully.
To pair the PS3 Bluetooth headset with Bluetooth discovery mode, you will need:
- PS3 Bluetooth Headset
- PS3 Remote Control
- Be sure that your PS3 Bluetooth headset is fully charged. To ensure that your Bluetooth headset’s battery life lasts long and is strong you want to allow the device to fully charge before using it.
- Turn on your PS3 console and Bluetooth headset. Once you have turned on your PS3 console it is time to prepare your PS3 Bluetooth device. Press and hold down the “Power” button on the headset until both the “Power” and the “Mic/Muting” light indicators flash, alternating between green and red. This indicates that the headset is in pairing mode.
- You then will follow the steps in your manual. Look in your PS3 console’s manual to find the proper way to pair your PS3 Bluetooth headset with your PS3 console.