Are you a filmmaker who wants to enter your short film to the 2011 Sundance Film Festival? Follow these steps:
- The deadline to submit a short film into the Sundance Film Festival is Friday, September 3, 2010, and the entry fee is $50. If you submit your film by the early deadline of Monday, August 16, 2010, the entry fee is $35. You can also submit your film late, by Monday, September 20, 2010, for an entry fee of $75. The deadline is the date by which the film must be received, not its postmark date.
- Short films submitted into Sundance must have a running time of less than 50 minutes. To be submitted as a U.S. short film, at least half of the financing must have come from the United States. If more than 50 percent of the film's funding came from sources outside the U.S., it can be entered as an international film.
- If you want to enter your short film to Sundance, it must have been completed in either 2009 or 2010. Though it is fine to submit a rough cut of the film, you should submit a version that is complete enough for the judges to make an informed decision.
- If your film meets these guidelines and you would like to submit it to the Sundance Film Festival, first fill out the online application at www.withoutabox.com. After completing this application, you will receive a tracking number that can be used to track your submission.
- Once the online application is complete, you must send a single DVD-R or DVD+R disc containing your film. A simple paper CD/DVD sleeve is preferred packaging. Printed material included with your disc, such as press packages, will be discarded. DVDs must be compatible with standard DVD players. Though a NTSC, Region 1 or region free (Region 0) DVD is highly preferred, PAL and SECAM formats are also accepted.
- As an alternative to a DVD, films can be submitted online using the Withoutabox system.
If your short film is selected for the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, you will be notified via e-mail during the first week in December 2010. Good luck!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!