How To Erase Search Engine
One way to speed up your computer is by learning how to erase search engine history. When there is too much history stored on a computer, it can make the computer run slow and sluggish. However, by learning how to erase search engine history, you can remove unnecessary files from the computer that may be slowing it down. Here we will describe how simple it is to erase search engine history from two of the most popular web browsers - Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
How to erase search engine history from Internet Explorer:
- Go to 'Internet Options'. While logged on to the Internet, you'll see a small area labeled 'tools' in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Click there are scroll down to 'Internet Options' .
- Delete browsing history. There are several tabs within this box. Find the one labeled 'general' and click on it. Then, look for the area that is labeled 'delete browsing history'. Click the word DELETE next to it.
- Make your selection. Now, you'll be given a list of items which will each have a blank box next to them. Check which items you want to remove the history for. The more you erase, the more room you'll free up on your computer. Hit the word 'delete' at the bottom of the screen and wait while the computer removes the history.
How to erase search engine history from Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to 'tools'. While logged on to the Internet, you'll see a small area labeled 'tools' just above where you enter a web address. Click there and scroll down to 'clear recent history'.
- Make your selections. A small box will appear, which will allow you to chose how far you want to go back and what exactly you want to remove. Click on the box marked 'details' and select what it is you want to remove from your search engine history. Remember, the more you erase, the more room you'll free up on your computer. Hit the 'clear now' button and wait while the computer removes the history.
Regardless of which web browser you are using, the final step in learning how to erase search engine history, is to restart your computer. Now that you have learned how to erase search engine history, you should notice that your computer in running faster. If not, try uninstalling all of your search engines and find one that is more simplified.