How To Excel At Bouldering
A lot of people would like to learn how to excel at bouldering, especially new climbers. Bouldering is a type of climbing that requires a lot of strength. In order to excel at bouldering a climber needs to be focused and dedicated. Bouldering is harder than sport climbing and aide climbing, but it also gives the climber the oppourtunity to move around without having any gear in the way. These tips will help you to excel at bouldering.
- Climb often. To excel at any sport, an athlete needs to practice a lot. It is the same for climbers. The first few times it may seem difficult, but with lots of practice it will get easier. Set easy goals at first and then make them more challenging after getting the hang of it.
- Keep weight down. Professional climbers need to keep their weight down in order to pull their bodies around with their hands. Their bodies are lean and muscular and they eat right. Climbing will burn a lot of calories all by itself, but it doesn't hurt to have another workout in between climbing.
- Stay flexible. Stretching helps to stay flexible, and bouldering definitely requires it. Boulder climbers that excel at the sport can contort their bodies in some of the most uncomfortable positions for short amounts of time in order to gain access to a hold. Yoga can also help with flexibility and strength training as well as a good warm up routine before climbing.
- Climb with a partner. To be the best and to acquire greatness at something, sometimes it is good to have another person who's better at the sport to guide you and to help you train. Climbing with a seasoned climber can only help out with learning to climb and to excel at it. Boulderers that climb often are also good guides for finding new areas to boulder, at as well as meeting others who can help with the training process.
- Keep updated. Read magazines, hang out at climbing shops, do whatever it takes to find out what the latest happenings are in the climbing world. Many climbers travel all over the world to find challenges to improve their climbing skills. Travel is not a requirement to enter into the climbing world, but it is fun to find new areas and meet new people who excel at the sport.