How To Exercise Effectively
Learning how to exercise efficiently is not as hard as it may seem. Motivation is the key to sticking with a plan which will ultimately produce the best results. Exercising effectively takes patience in the beginning. Time and patience is needed and this may cause the individual to think the regimen is not working. But regardless, if you follow the steps of your plan; you are sure to get the results that you desire.
- Before beginning, consider getting a work out partner. When starting your healthy lifestyle, it is important to remember not to go too fast at first. When you start off with cardio, just a fifteen to twenty minute interval two to three times a week is efficient to jump start your exercise regimen. Starting off with only cardio is good to get the heart conditioned for the heavier more strenuous workouts later on. Continue with cardio for the first two weeks before upgrading to longer workout sessions. Each and every individual is different and this means you and your work out partner must compromise on times and amounts of cardio which can be done comfortably for both of you.
- Now, up your cardio and incorporate some outside activities to boost your energy levels. Workouts, at this point, can be longer and a little more strenuous. After the first two weeks a cardio session of 30 to 45 minutes three to four times a week is more than enough for the next two to four weeks. You should begin to notice some definition at this point.
- During the next two weeks, weights can be introduced into the work out. As with the aerobics, the weights should start out light, eventually leading to more repetitions after you have built up an endurance. You will notice the time has come to increase repetitions when it is taking longer and longer to achieve a muscle burn.
- What do you want? Big muscles or lean and sculpted? After you are comfortable with the number of reps you do, you can decide whether it is muscle building you are going for or if it is simply toning, sculpting or fat burning. Gradually increasing poundage is best done at this time in the workout regimen.
- Do not just settle for a structured system. Experiment with various activities such as swimming, walking or other sports simply to break the monotony. Doing the same routines everyday can lead to burn out or boredom. Be creative.