How To Exercise To Lose Weight Fast
There is no healthy way to magically drop ten pounds in a day, but you can learn how to exercise to lose weight fast by following these workout tips. The methods below will help target fat, increase the number of calories you burn and raise your metabolism so that you keep torching calories even after your workout. Try incorporating these types of exercises into your daily exercise routine, and you’ll see the results very soon.
- Sweat it off through cardio. Cardiovascular activity is the best exercise method to lose weight fast. Running is a great option, since you must carry your entire weight throughout, which translates to more calories burned per workout. Run at an incline for an extra fat-burning workout. If you’re not a fan of running, try the elliptical, biking or swimming to lose weight fast. Some great cardio-charged sports include basketball, racquetball and tennis, so feel free to mix up your cardio routine with each new workout.
- Vary the intensity. Instead of just heading into cruise control on the treadmill, try some intervals on your next run. Start off by walking briskly and then begin jogging. Switch up your running routine by adding five sprint intervals, during which you run as fast as you can for a short burst, then return back to jogging. This combination of aerobic and anaerobic activity will torch much more calories than just a basic run, and it will keep your metabolism raised even after the workout. Other high intensity bursts you can try besides sprinting are jumping rope or a swift feet shuffle. If you’re bicycling, mix up your regular bike ride with quick bursts of speed and make sure to tackle a few hills.
- Add weight training to your cardio. Cardio burns some major calories, but the way to keep your metabolism raised even after your workout is to build muscle. Aim for about twenty minutes of weight training during your next workout and focus on either your upper or lower body, then switch over and perform cardio for 40-45 minutes to finish off a high-intensity workout that will help you lose weight fast.
- Circuit train. Since weight training and cardio are both needed to raise your metabolism and get you lean and muscular, try combining the two into a calorie-burning, full body workout. Combine strength training and cardio by going from one exercise to another, moving onto a new muscle group without resting longer than thirty seconds. You’ll feel a burn and sweat like you’re running a marathon. Some good moves include lunges combined with bicep curls or squats combined with overhead presses. Between these sets, you can jump rope, run in place or perform sit-ups.
- Try group exercise. If you want to lose weight but can’t seem to find the motivation to challenge yourself all the way, try exercising with a group. Having others around you can help you pull through the exercise and take your mind off the difficulty of various exercises. An appointment for a class will also hold you accountable, so you don’t end up skipping out on a workout. Classes that will help you lose weight fast include boxing, mixed martial arts, spinning and dance classes, along with classes that combine sculpting and cardio.
- Change your habits. On top of exercising, integrate daily activity into your regular routine, and you’ll burn the extra calories needed to lose weight fast. Walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Take a walk during your lunch break. If you live near your work, walk or ride your bike home. While watching TV at night, stretch or perform some exercises with small dumbbells. A few of these little activities can add up to one whole workout by the end of the day.