Knowing how to fade blue jeans is a better alternative than purchasing faded blue jeans since it is less expensive and is achievable with minimal effort. Using simple home products that you probably already have at home, or you can purchase cheaply at your grocery store will help you fade your jeans in no time.
Things you will need to fade your blue jeans:
- Washing machine
- Fabric softener (optional)
- Purchase any brand of bleach. You can find bleach at your local grocery store as well as other retailers. Bleach prices vary depending on the brand.
- Set your water temperature to the cold setting. Fill your washing machine with water. To fade your blue jeans, add a quart of bleach to your washing machine.
- Add the blue jeans to the mixture. Now, soak your jeans anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes. The time it takes to fade your blue jean really depends on the fade level you prefer. If you want your jeans slightly faded, you will use less time, and completely faded requires a longer time.
- Rinse your faded jeans. When you rinse your blue jeans, add some fabric softener as you would when you do your regular laundry. This is not a necessary step. Therefore, if you do not have any fabric softener, your jeans will still look good. For new jeans, wash the jeans twice to make sure you remove any starch that might be on your jeans first.
Tips and Warnings:
- Using bleach to fade your blue jeans may weaken the fabric, and reduce the lifespan of your clothing. Therefore, make sure this is really something you want to do.
- You cannot change your jeans back to its normal color after you have completed this process.
- Additionally, be careful when you use bleach, read the label carefully and follow the manufacturer direction.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.